The philosophy of which St. Joseph the Worker Preschool is based centers upon providing a quality religious education program for our young children. In meeting this responsibility, our preschool will provide a curriculum that enhances the social, intellectual, physical, emotional, and spiritual development of each child. A Christian environment, centered around acceptance and respect, will help the child develop a positive attitude toward God, others and learning.
The objectives of St. Joseph the Worker Preschool are as follows:
- to provide a quality education which will concentrate on the growth of each child spiritually, socially, intellectually, physically and emotionally.
- to provide an environment that is based on successful experiences, which encourages each child to develop a healthy self-concept and self-esteem.
- to provide an environment that promotes responsibility for one's actions and respect for others.
- to provide a curriculum aimed at preparing each child for kindergarten.
- children must be toilet trained in order to enroll in the program.
- St. Joseph the Worker Preschool follows the Ball-Chatham School District calendar regarding holiday, etc.
- field trips and special visitors will be scheduled periodically throughout the school year; however, parents must meet the Diocese of Springfield Safe Environment requirement before helping in the classroom, attending class parties, and/or driving on field trips.
- a physical, lead screening & TB test are required for each child enrolling in the program. The physical must be no earlier than six months prior to the first day of school, and therefore should not be before 03/01/2023. These are due by the first scheduled day of class.
- although our program is DCFS License-exempt, all children entering the program are required to have up-to-date immunizations on record before the first day of school.
- a non-refundable registration fee of $50.00 is due with the registration form.
- tuition for the 2023-2024 school year will be $120.00/month for the 3-year-olds and $130.00/month for the 4/5-year-olds. Tuition for August and a $30.00 activity fee are due by June 30, 2023. If tuition is not received by this date, your child will be dropped from the program and the spot will be given to the next child on the waiting list. Tuition and activity fees are non-refundable.
- children must be 3 (for 3-year-old class) and 4 (for 4/5-year-old class) by 09/01/2023.
Back to Top Share this page on