The WATCH Retreat scheduled in October is CANCELLED
A WATCH Day of Recollection is planned on Saturday October 10, 2020 from 10:00am to 12:30pm
at St. Joseph the Worker Church, Chatham.
Please go HERE to sign up for this Day of Recollection
WATCH Retreat - October 9-11, 2020
WATCH – We Are The Church
- Make a commitment to deepen your faith by coming to WATCH
- Hear heartfelt stories on how others keep their faith alive
- Jesus would love to spend this weekend with you
- Meet many wonderful people in and around our parish
- Come if you’ve never been before – we guarantee you will have a wonderful weekend
- Come if you have been before – every WATCH is different – new speakers, new friendships
- Delicious meals – breakfast, lunch, dinner on Saturday – breakfast, lunch on Sunday
- Don’t wait for next year – come this year
- We work to please you and will satisfy any special needs, such as special diet needs, special seating, transportation
- Free will offering for the weekend
- For Questions - contact Peggy Billhartz at 483-2833 or Carol Gustafson at 899-6330
- Hope to see you there!
WATCH is a renewal program that was developed in 1987 by Deacon Don Efinger of Peoria, IL. It is designed to help people realize that:
† people, not buildings make up the church
† each one of us is unique and has been given gifts and talents that are important to the Church
† there is strength in community and it is important for people to know and support each other
† a personal relationship with God is both important and necessary
We look at the vertical part of the Cross in our relationship with God and the horizontal part of the Cross in our relationship with others. It is a spiritual weekend which focuses on God, self, and neighbor and is filled with joy, reflection, prayer, and community. A side benefit to the weekend is great food. We provide Saturday breakfast, lunch and dinner, Sunday breakfast and lunch, and all day snacks.
The weekend begins on Friday evening at 7 p.m. and ends about 9 p.m. We go to our own homes at night and then come back Saturday morning at 8 a.m. and begin with Mass and end the day about 8:30 p.m. Sunday morning we meet about 8 a.m. and end the weekend about 3 p.m. We attend 10:30 a.m. Mass together on Sunday at St. Joseph the Worker.
The WATCH weekend welcomes all men and women 18 years of age and older.